Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Hooray! The amniocentesis results for our little mini-Jon returned normal! Hooray! I must poing around the room and do a happy dance!

*Poing!* *poing!* *poing!*

Ahem. Okay, much calmer now. What I wrote below I wrote just before I got the call. Oh! It's confirmed: he's a he.

Random Thought Day:

Today is the first day in a long time where I'm feeling %100. My athsma is in check, I'm not coughing up a lung, and my tummy doesn't ache. Yay! So naturally I'm wondering what's going to go wrong next.

No news on my amnio, except I received a letter from the UAB Genetics Lab stating that there was no evidence of Cystic Fibrosis in the testing. Well, that's good news. Would you folks kindly finish up the rest of the testing so I can relax? Or freak completely out, whatever the case may be? Dammit.

Jon really, really likes the name Connor. I don't like it, but I can deal with it if that's what he wants. Maybe I could talk him into naming it Jonathan Connor. It would amuse me to no end to have a son named John Connor.

Of course I'm kidding.

I recall reading a science fiction short story many years ago about an isolated space colony that had problems because messages sent to and received from Earth took a great deal of time. Their problems were solved when someone pointed out that all both sides had to do was "just keep talking". That story reminds me of blogging in general. Everyone just keeps talking (and we can listen and respond if we want to, something we never got from newspapers or tv).

I stepped on the scale today and I panicked because I weighed 164 and I haven't gained anything in a few weeks. What the *hell*?

We're now watching season 4 of 24 and I promise not to spoil it. It's wierd having to wait a week for the next ep. It certainly got off the ground with a bang. One thing is for certain: no one will ever accuse Jack Bauer of not having any balls.

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

Great news about the amnio! Yay!!!