Monday, October 04, 2004

Whoo. Long weekend. Saturday I did 6 skydives; Sunday I taught ground school and did 3 AFF skydives. I was exhausted when we finally returned home Sunday night.

My exhaustion did not prevent us from watching Eurotrip, which was too bad because it wasn't very good. There were plenty of boobies to distract Jon and the stray skydiver he brought home from the fact that it sucked. It had a few funny gags, including Matt Damon as a shorn, pierced and tattooed lead singer for a band. You're too cute to pass yourself off as a hardcore punk, you silly boy. Oh, yes. There was a scene at a nude beach with an incredible amount of male nudity. It was pretty hideous, though.

My mom and her husband dropped by Saturday afternoon. I went to dinner with them and they slept at our house. They were on their way to Mobile. I was glad to see them; I really don't get to see my parents very often any more.

Jon was in a bad mood on Sunday; I can't really blame him. He was drunk dialed by a skydiver Saturday night who didn't understand why Jon got upset because she was calling him from a drop zone whose owners we dislike. It boils down to the difference between customers and friends. Can you be friends with someone who is your customer? Most drop zone owners have the reputation of being pricks. Jon doesn't want to be a prick but that leaves him with the feeling of being betrayed by a friend when that person makes a decision based purely on money.

I have no real friends who are skydivers. (Yes, this is a shout-out, y'all). In many ways I'm glad. Don't get me wrong; I like a lot of them and we're friendly but at the end of the day they pay their bills and go home. Some of them I would go out of my way to help but that's because they have helped us with no expectation of compensation.

Anyway, speaking of Jon, things are a lot better between us. I have discovered just how clueless I am when it comes to relationships. I'm such a nerd I'm out hunting for other books to help. Loving someone else is apparently not an innate talent in me.

No comments: