Friday, October 08, 2004

Can you see the real me, can you?

Yet another uninteresting day yesterday. I did TiVo CSI:New York. I was amused to note they used another old Who song for its theme (Baba O'Reilly). I wanted to watch it because Gary Sinise is in it. It wasn't as good as the original CSI is. I'm living in a world where I think William Petersen is doing a better job than Gary Sinise. Ooookay.

I haven't seen CSI: Miami yet. Not big on David Caruso, red hair nonwithstanding. He looks like an evil Howdy Doody puppet. I realize that I consider "evil puppet" redundant. Any way, I wonder what Who song they are using? Won't Get Fooled Again? Squeeze Box? Boris the Spider? I'm thinking the best song would be The Real Me. Hm. I haven't heard Quadrophenia in a long time. I used to love the Who; I don't own anything of theirs on CD. I smell a trip to Best Buy in the future.

I just checked: CSI:Miami uses Won't Get Fooled Again. Okay, does that really make any sense? I realize it's more well known than The Real Me, but it makes no sense in context. Well, okay a little sense, as in 'you're covering up a murder; you can't fool me'. Who Are You is genius. Baba O'Reilly is at least melancholy, but it's completely nonsensical in context.

After about a month layoff, Jon and I have started to go to the gym again. Yes, I'm sore. Kind of you to ask.

I'll keep this post mercifully short; obviously I do not have anything compelling to talk about. I *did* get to watch part of the Braves/Astros game last night. How sad is that: I recognized more players on the Astros than I did the Braves. I'm always happy to see Jon Smoltz. And see - this is exactly why TiVo rules. I had the TV turned to the game when Jon (my Jon, not Mr. Smoltz, though I would have helped him had he asked) asked me to help him uninstall some of the most annoying spyware ever made. I heard a loud cheer from the TV, saw that the Braves had won, so I rewound to enjoy the home run. Go, Braves! Woo-hoo!

1 comment:

Helly said...

My friend Cheryl was going to physical therapy/rehab at the same clinic as Jon Smoltz, back when he'd hurt his...shoulder, I think. She chatted with him a few times & is still ticked off that she didn't get to give him the kind of physical therapy (wink wink nudge nudge) that she would have liked.