Tuesday, August 31, 2004

I am much happier with my review of Purple Rain. Enjoy.

I scored some points on the DL mailing list when I was googling around and found some better information (scroll down) on Keane, which will be shown at film festivals in New York, Toronto, and Telluride. To sum up, a schizophrenic man who is trying to find his lost daughter befriends a woman and her daughter. The police suspect that this guy has something to do with his daughter's disappearance.

In other words, I'm not expecting a light romantic comedy. To make matters worse, judging from the small photograph that accompanies the blurb, he either a) dyed his hair brown for the part, or b) is wearing a wig. ARG!

I guess I should be more worried about not being able to see it at all. I don't think it's scheduled to be shown at the Hartselle International Film Festival and Swap Meet.

More hoo-ha:
61: Besides Chuck Heston, in the older school of actors I'm fond of Kirk Douglas.
62: I deeply admire Michael Caine's work ethic.
63: I like Jimmy Stewart and Gary Cooper even though they basically played themselves no matter the role.
64: I am very fond of Alfred Hitchcock movies, especially Psycho and Vertigo.
65: Despite my addiction to leaving airplanes in mid-flight, I get a kick out of watching thunderstorms and other forms of violent weather.
66: I am attracted to bodies of water. I love rivers and lakes, but I really love oceans. I bet you knew that.
67: I love to fish. I don't get too upset if I don't catch anything.
68: I have caught, killed, cleaned, and eaten many different types water creatures.
69: I'm not sure I could ever kill a cow or a pig.
70: I don't think I would have a problem killing or cleaning a chicken, though.

No comments: