Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Round and round and round she goes. Where she stops don't knobody knows!

Guess the theme:
71: I currently have a little over 17 hours and 38 minutes of freefall time.
72: Aircraft I have jumped out of: King Air, Queen Air, Beech99, Cessna 182, Cessna 172, Cessna 185, CASA, Twin Otter, Super Twin Otter, hot air balloon, and Sikorsky and Bell helicopters.
73: I have had to ride the plane down once.
74: I have had 2 reserve rides.
75: I have done only 1 tandem jump - that was with my husband when he was getting his tandem rating.
76: I think I am too short to get my tandem rating - besides, I prefer AFF because if the bastard gets too wiggly I can let him go.
77: I had 13 jumps before I had a stand-up landing.
78: I have packed about 3 parachutes for every jump I have done.
79: As far as I know, I have never packed anybody a malfunction, including mine. Knock on wood.
80: I pack reserve parachutes under my husband's supervision (he's an FAA certified parachute rigger); out of 115 reserve pack jobs, 7 people have had to use them (an unaccountably high incidence, btw). These are referred to as "saves". My 2nd reserve ride I packed the reserve; that was my first save.

1 comment:

Helly said...

Will you please explain for us chickensh*ts...er, non-skydivers, what a tandem jump entails? I knew the word, so I presumed I understood the concept, but I must be wrong since I don't understand why your height affects getting your rating. Enlighten the masses, O Great One.