Friday, July 30, 2004

Day 5 PSMF: Hooray! 138.2 lbs (Temp:97.0). Now that's more like it! See what I mean by stairstep?

So basically I have lost 1.6 pounds since last Friday. If I can stick to this damn plan through the weekend, my Monday results should be

interesting.

I described this before but now I'm going to go into even more obsessive detail: the actual food.

This list is exactly why it isn't for the faint of heart. I have found it easy so far, becaue I'm viewing the food aspect as fuel, not a gastronomic event.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese OR 3 egg whites (hard boiled) with 1 slice fat free cheese. Veggie: 2.5 cups Romaine Lettuce

Lunch: 2 Cans (10 oz) Starkist Chunk Light Tuna w/ 3 tablespoons Pace Picante Sauce and 3 large stalks of Celery

Dinner: Grilled (George Foreman grills are indespensable) Chicken breast w/ 2 cups of broccoli.

That's IT. It's the same damn thing day in day out!

I'm also helped by the fact that I'm only doing this for 2 weeks at the start. And I think I can make it through these first 2 weeks. I have no hunger (so far). I think that's a combination of the Ephedrine and the food I'm eating. I passed an interesting test today. I went into a convenience store that also sells breakfast and lunch to buy some coffee. Despite all the good smells, I had no problem ignoring them. Yes, nose is working fine today.

I think I said this before too: My goal for this diet is to get where I'm going and stay there. I've become resigned to being vigilant for the rest of my life regarding every morsel I put in my mouth. This means constant, anal recording of food ( Fitday is a handy, free way to do it).

So what am I going to do after these 2 weeks, when I have to go to the World Freefall Convention for 5 days? It will be a test for maintaining. I have a feeling the best way to do that is to keep my breakfasts and lunches simple and light, and when I go buy dinner, make good decisions. I'm not talking grazing at the salad bar; I'm talking if I buy a hamburger leave off the fries and drink water instead of coke. The beer, I'm afraid, is inevitable. Once you register for the WFFC, the beer is free. Sheesh.

I plan to stay on ephedrine, because I'm just now adjusting to it and I don't want to have to start all over when I get back.

And my plan for after the WFFC? I'll cross that bridge when I get there. But I'm *thinking* about 2 more weeks of PSMF, another week off, then 2 weeks of PSMF, then comes Costa Rica. Which will be another round of temptation fighting.

2 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

Are you still going to the gym? How's the lifting going? Are you adding more cardio for the weight loss?

Topcat said...

Weightlifting - hitting it hard. And do I feel it!

Aerobics (running) - getting the blood going but not hitting it as hard. A) my athsma gets in the way and b) it can chew up muscle if done too much.