Friday, January 23, 2004

Another week of pain finished. Too bad; I’m adding a fourth workout day Monday.

Shoulders and legs day: Cardio was a bitch because I forgot my Albuterol (for athsma) before I climbed on the treadmill.

Shoulders:
Military Press 50lbs 10X3, Shoulder Flyes 8 lbs 12X3, Shoulder Rows 50 lbs 10X3
Legs:
Squat: 65 lbs 14X3, Stiff-Legged Deadlift 65 lbs 14X3, Seated Calf Raises 45lb 10X3

Ooh! A guy at the gym, a hardcore lifter, complimented me on my squat form. Made my day! No, he was not hitting on me because my husband was right there.

Whew. I was exhausted after this workout. I think it is primarily because we worked out the day before; it could also have been the Buffalo wings and beer bust Jon and I had last night.

Every once in a while I fry up a batch o wings and we tear through them accompanied by a six pack. We rationalize that it’s legal because it’s low-carb beer.

Not only is it good for stress, it’s good for roto-rootering your system which is good for you if you’re on a low-carb diet and want to stay away from laxatives.

That was probably WTMI.

We also watch a movie and last night’s feature was Down With Love with Renee Zellweger and Ewan “Free Willy” MacGregor.

The bad news is Ewan doesn’t free his willy, but he does have his normal accent (yay!) with the exception of a few times where he deliberately uses a really awful southern accent.

The movie is a riff on 60’s comedies, resplendent with the fashion senses from Hell, shellacked hairdo’s (we are talking Devo-style), and an annoying constant soundtrack. Zellweger and MacGregor have a battle of the sexes and because I saw some of those movies I knew they’d fall in love.

It was okay; had some funny moments; and if you didn’t get enough of Ewan’s singing in Moulin Rouge stick around for the credits.

Speaking of Ewan I had a couple of random thoughts while watching this movie:

1) If he isn’t careful he’ll be developing love handles soon.
2) I like him better as a blonde.
3) He has an evil smile. Which I like.
4) Does he really have chest hair or is that a hairpiece?
5) If it is chest hair, my god, they dyed it too.

Jon made a comment after listening to his accent – he thinks MacGregor would make an excellent James Bond.

I almost spewed my beer, and then I thought about how much money I would pay to hear him say, “Bond. James Bond”.

Another tangent: I genuinely liked The Bourne Identity. Why? Because it wasn’t filled with big stunts or pyrotechnics. The action was more reasonable (within the context of spy/adventure movies). Plus Matt Damon is as cute as a button. And it had Chris Cooper. Speaking of, I loved Lone Star.

No comments: