Sunday, January 25, 2004

Saturday was nice - overcast but at a high altitude; high enough to jump. After three weeks of no jumping it was nice to get my knees in the breeze. I only did 2 jumps then I had to go to Lowe's to get some deadbolts: one of our employees decided to steal from us.

We feel betrayed - this kid was a hard worker but managed to get a hold of some keys to the drop zone and broke in Tuesday night and stole our Playstation II. My husband found the keys in the kid's car and with the help of one of Cullman's Finest, confronted him with it. Turns out he's been using the keys to help himself to the beer fridge, as well. A VCR is missing from the airport's FBO. (fixed base of operations), as well.

What a stupid kid. He had a good thing going - everybody liked him and we paid him well. One time he had a problem with his car and we passed the hat at the D.Z. to help him get it fixed.

Everyone out there take note: do not shit where you eat.

We woke up Sunday to pouring rain so I came home and finished The Dam Busters. The copy I had was atrocious, but it was not censored. I had a case of the uncomfortable giggles, but after a few scenes with the badly-named Labrador, I had no problem bleeping over the offending name. You know, if I have to put up with Will Smith and Martin Lawrence referring to everyone and their uncle Bob by that term of endearment I don't know why everyone gets all uptight about a bunch of English men using the phrase. *Sigh* I know it all has to do with 'context'.

The movie, by the way, is fantastic. The special effects are not great, but the movie was made in 1954. And anybody who has sat through the original 'Star Wars' will thrill to a bunch of scenes that Lucas ripped off for the bombing run on the Death Star.

I would love to see it get remade. As for the poor choice of pet names, any modern-day screenwriter could successfully leave the dog sub-plot out of the movie and only hard-core purists would object. Just keep Micheal Bay away from it, please.

No comments: