Tuesday, March 01, 2011

WTF stovetop


WTF stovetop, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

I'm going to reply to Nancy's comment as a post: I like the island, too - I mentioned before we are going to have a new one built around a gas range that I've already ordered. We've also hired a cabinet maker to build the island for us. Once that's done that wall between the kitchen and living room will come down, the oven, the cabinets below and stovetop will go bye-bye and the countertop will be replaced. The cabinets below will remain and we're turning that into a bar between the kitchen and living room, if that makes sense.

That, I hope, will be the extent of our remodeling for now.

Jon is still heavily involved with the drop zone, and I suspect he will for a long time coming. He is helping the new owners as well as flying their plane, training the tandem instructors, doing jumps, etc. I think since a huge chunk of responsibility was taken off his shoulders so he is actually enjoying skydiving again. Me, I have no intentions of jumping again.

We are buying a souped up riding mower today. With 5 acres we need something speedy.

We are pretty much totally moved in; we need to clean out the garage and attic and Jon needs to clean out his desk then take that behemoth to the dump. We hope to start getting it ready for sale next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

Thanks for the reply. I like your plans for the kitchen. Sounds like a big improvement, and it should make an excellent kitchen.