Thursday, January 06, 2011

Wish I was here


Soper's Hole, Tortola, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

So Jon has the dz sold, and apparently he misses all the stress, because he wants to buy a new house. It's about the same size as our old one, except it's on 5 acres, there's no pool (Yay! No - Boo! Crap, I don't know), and there's a huge storage building / garage, hopefully big enough to store all of Jon's stuff.

It's also a couple of miles from our old house and in the same school district so Brenden won't have to switch schools.

I just got my VA guaranteed loan certificate of eligibility renewed (and I must say it was effortless and took just a day and boy is that a humongous improvement in the system!) and we're making an offer. Yeesh! Stay tuned...!

And in other news the weather people are predicting more white stuff for Alabama Sunday night through Monday. Since I'm not planning to go any where I doubt it will happen.

5 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

But you love your pool and your neighborhood and that park . . . what's the advantage of moving?

Topcat said...

Hey Nancy:

More room, especially for Jon to put the stuff he couldn't part with when he sold the business. I would be perfectly happy staying where we are, but it will be nice not to be butted up against our neighbors.

I think once we get a handle on things and sell the old house, we'll put in a pool.

Anonymous Me said...

I see. Well, i hope it all goes smoothly!

Ileana said...

My input....you have a beautiful house now...and neighbors... and people close by...Sometime that is good to have...(ask me...I am in Nomans land in
Clayton,OK.....When you have a little one he wants to go to friends houses and spend the night and go to the park and swim in the summer......
OK so who asked me???
I also think land is a treasure this days.....
Stole a pic from Stacey and put it in my fb....my sisters like to see B.....
Love,
Ilu

Ileana said...

After I sent my comment I thought there will probably be some great country friends for Brenden at the new place..
So all I can say is that I hope it all works out the way you want it....Lots of luck.....