Friday, May 28, 2010

What I'm Not Watching Any More


Gatorade, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

I have commented on the end of Lost, but I haven't on the end of 24 or American Idol. I know Idol hasn't been cancelled yet, but it should be. First off, Simon Cowell has left the building. He simply can't be replaced. Second, how the HELL did Lee DeWayze win over Crystal Bowersox? Lee can sing be he couldn't hold a candle to Crystal's power. Meh, I say, meh! That show has ended for me.

Jack Bauer didn't bust Tony out of jail for his roarin' rampage of revenge, but it turns out he didn't need to. As the Television Without Pity's recapper points out, several of the last 4 hours resemble a Friday the Thrirteenth movie with Jack in the role of Jason Voorhees. The scene with the assassin whose guts he cuts open then burns with a butane torch is Jack's Crowning Moment of Crazy.

I admit 24 was getting totally silly, but that's part of why I liked it. I also liked Chloe, one of Jack's only friends who didn't manage to get herself killed or locked up in jail. Sure she had absolutely no filters between her brain and her mouth, but she was brilliant, loyal, and had a strong moral compass. At least Bauer recognized that (and Morris, her husband). I shall miss you, Jack and Chloe, although there are rumors of a movie (what are they doing to call it? 2?).

1 comment:

Lisa Erin said...

Someone definitely looks like he's enjoying a nice cold beverage...