Monday, May 18, 2009

What I'm Watching:


eomer, originally uploaded by green_field_92.

Since everything I watch has been cancelled or is on hiatus* for the summer, this is the part of the year where I traditionally start watching movies. Since Jon was out of town I settled on a Lord of the Rings marathon on Sunday. I skipped The Fellowship of the Rings because I think I've watched that one twice as much as the other two put together.

I like the extended versions, but near the end of The Return of the King I remember yelling: "Will you get your hobbit butts up the mountain already?" Still I love those movies.

Saturday night I was surfing through downloadble Amazon titles (I prefer on-demand due to lack of time so we no longer use Netflix) looking for something different. I ended up with an low budget horror movie from New Zealand: The Irrefutable Truth About Demons. It was not good. That's not to say it wasn't entertaining - it had some good humor in it, some of it even intentional. It's about a guy (Karl Urban, in case you were wondering why I rented it in the first place) terrorized by a group of demon-worshippers who got their sense of fashion from watching old music videos (When will demon-worshippers learn: if you want to be super-creepy look conservative? Didn't they watch Rosemary's Baby?). The only other good thing about the movie is the ending was better than I expected. I was thinking I was going to get a downer Race With the Devil end but ended up with more of a Serpent and The Rainbow end only not as much special-effect cheese. I'm thinking that was a budget limitation more than a artistic decision.

*Cancelled: SCC. BOO! Renewed: Dollhouse. YAY!

No comments: