Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What I'm Watching


IMG_2618, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

The television season is winding down, if that even has any meaning any more. I saw the season finales of two of my three favorite shows, and in both the case of The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Life, I most likely have seen the last episodes ever.

Spoilers below for these two shows:

The finale of SCC is a total mindfark, and I thought it a great ending if that's what it is. John Connor travels forward to sometime after the war starts, and meets both Kyle and Derek Reese and neither of them in this timeframe have ever heard of a John Connor. There's more to it but that was most painful and appropriate. Sarah is back in the past and she promised John before he disappeared that she would keep trying to stop the war. She failed again, obviously.

I loved the season ender for Life and I will miss it. It still might be renewed but I'm not holding my breath. Not everything made sense or was neatly tied up, but it was emotionally satisfying ending. Charlie Crews demonstrating to Roman Navikov exactly how he survived 12 years in prison was especially whoop-worthy.

I still have more Fringe and Lost. There are rumbling that Fringe may be axed (no! I <3 mad scientists!) but Lost is guaranteed one more season. Don't even ask me about Dollhouse.

No comments: