Saturday, April 18, 2009

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

I have admitted before that I like the original CSI. While television series I consider far better are being axed left and right, CSI TOS (and I wish that were original with me) is in its 9th season and I don't think it is suffering from the absence of William Petersen, Jorja Fox*, or Garry Dourdan. When Petersen left, Laurence (Cowboy Curtis) Fishburne came on board and to be honest, the series is just as enjoyable and as much a guilty pleasure as ever.

So my dedication to the series was rewarded in spades when I watched the last episode. Some t.v. producer was murdered, ostensibly because he had the gonads to take a beloved ancient science fiction series and re-visualize it into something more realistic and darker. The CSI team is viewing a video tape where the victim is premiering a clip of the re-imagined series to a bunch of geeks avid fans at a science fiction convention. The audience watches the clip and then there's a few moments of utter stunned silence. Finally one long-haired bearded geek gent stands up, points at the guy, and yells "YOU SUCK!!!" at the top of his lungs and chaos ensues.

The yeller is a cameo by my beloved Ron Moore, who was responsible for the re-imagining of Battlestar Galactica, and that was the best META MOMENT EVER and forever amen.

*Jorja Fox is involved in my 6 degrees from Kevin Bacon. Really! My brother (1) had a room-mate(2) who dated Jorja Fox (3) who was in Memento with Joe Pantoliano (4) who was in The Fugiti ve with Tommy Lee Jones (5) who was in JFK with (TAA - DAA) Kevin Bacon!

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

cool meta moment!