Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Dad found a hot dog


Dad found a hot dog, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

Sheesh, I had better update! Nugget time:

I am suffering BSG withdrawl. I don't, incedentally, think the BSG ending was perfect. Far from it, actually. It's wierd, the ending of Buffy the Vampire Slayer was more intellectually satisfying, when Buffy was freed from the Slayer curse without having to give up her powers. But I was emotionally meh. I have a huge intellectual problem with the ending of BSG but emotionally I was devastated. Odd, huh? At least it was better than the ending of the X-Files.

So now I guess Lost is my favorite series. I'm still watching The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Life, but I have a sense of doom about those two shows. I have yet to watch an episode of Dollhouse but I will get to them soon.

Jon bought me a Kindle 2! Photos soon come. I am addicted to it of course.

Last Tuesday, for the first time in my life, I had an allergic reaction to something I ate so severe that I went to the emergency room. That does *not* constitute an Old Person's Disease Bingo because plenty of young people have bad reactions to food. It was just wierd that I had one so bad! Usually I get a little itchy on the roof of my mouth at the most. I'm not sure if it was the tilapia or the catfish.

2 comments:

DrL/K said...

Dollhouse is excellent! You guys seem to have very similar taste in shows and video games to us (Lisa and Kev).

We got hooked on Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog this summer, and couldn't wait for Dollhouse to start. I think you will have an advantage watching the show on the web to catch up - you can really get into the plot that way.

Kind of infamously - Fox had more input on the first 4-5 shows that Joss Whedon wanted them to - (and you will see what I mean when you watch) - but after those - the show REALLY delivers in good ol' Whedonesque fashion!

Can't wait to see what you think about the show - I enjoy reading your commentary!
Lisa

Anonymous Me said...

I agree with Dr. Lisa up there - forgive Dollhouse the first few episodes and wait till it gets good.

Cool that you got a Kindle! I've been wanting one, but . . . pricey!! Your word verification is anctrist, which my brain read as antichrist.