Friday, March 20, 2009

Thank you, Ron Moore (I promise no spoilers)


Galactica Cast 2, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

I just watched the end of Battlestar Galactica and yeah, I'm crying me a river. A big Ol' Mississippi River for people who never even existed. To quote Ron Moore when he and his team were trying to end the frakking show:

I went into the writers’ room the next day and wrote on the big dry-erase board, “It’s the characters, stupid,” and the writers laughed and we all sat back and said, “Who gives a [expletive] about the plot? Let’s just talk about these characters.”

So thank you, Ron. Thank you for Mom (Roslin), Dad (Bill Adama), and the twins (Apollo and Starbuck). Thank you for Saul and Ellen, and Baltar and Caprica, and Helo and Athena and Hera, and Chief and Boomer, and the 268's and the 145's and 3 and Dualla, Gaeta, Hoshii and Doc Cottle, and a frakload of other characters I've come to care about. Hell, thank you for Hot Dog, who I didn't know the character's real name is Brenden until I read the credits last week. That made me laugh.

I can't stop crying, Ron. Totally, extremely, awesomely, thank you from the bottom of my not so mechanical heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

I haven't even started season four - I've been waiting to see the whole thing on dvd.