Monday, March 16, 2009

Other Random Vacation Bits:


Magic and Dutchman, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

1. I enjoyed the cruise, and I would do a Disney cruise again. I'd love to cruise on their new ships which come out in 2011 and 2012. In 2010, however, I want to do the villa thing again on St. John. My small taste of Trunk bay left me wanting more.

trunk bay 2

2. The friendliness of the staff made it easier for me to overcome my shyness and dislike of crowds. They make it a point of learning your names and more importantly, your beverage of choice. Our dining room server knew to bring Jon an Amstel Light and me a Guinness Stout.

IMG_2575

3. Disney thinks of everything! At least they try to. On Castaway Cay during the walk on the beach we discovered a group of pull wagons - available first-come, first-serve, and a freebie.

Dad pulling B 2

4. Brenden inherited a good dose of shy from me so that's why we only managed one set of photographs with a Disney character. There was NO WAY IN HECK he was going anywhere near Jack Sparrow.

where are your pants, duck?

5. About the beer: As long as it's in a bag that can go through the x-ray machine (and no ice), the security folks at Port Canaveral don't care despite the 'no alcohol' signs. Jon also bought 6 bottles of Cruzan Rum in St. Croix and was allowed to take it to our room. Cruzan pineapple rum and pink lemonade is actually quite tasty.

6. Your stateroom host / hostess tidies up your room twice a day, and at the evening service he / she leaves you chocolates (which B gobbled of course) and a cute little towel / blanket animal.

Towel Lobster

Our host was even nice enough to make up Beary Bear and Kitty Kat's bed. Those two spent so much time in the sack during the cruise I think it's safe to call them Life Partners.

Beary bear and Kitty cat

No comments: