Thursday, January 22, 2009

*This* is where we were


IMG_2402, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

Here's a really good idea of what a real snow storm does. I enjoyed it so much, and enjoyed not getting frostbite. I may be talked into trying skiing when Brenden is old enough!

What I'm Watching:

I'm being inundated with television! Whee! Besides 24 and American Idol, I'm watching:

Battlestar Galactica: No spoilers, I promise, but AUGH!

Lost: Yay, it's back! The remaining losties on the island are unstuck in time. Nice! Poor Hurley. Accused of murder and having visions of Michelle Rodriguez. At least his mom loves him. And believes him!

Fringe: Haven't finished this week's ep, but it's nice to see Olivia show some emotion.

Lie to Me: I haven't had a chance to watch this, either. I almost hope it's not good, despite my Tim Roth love. Why? Because Lost is on at 8pm on Wednesdays and so is Life (when it comes back in February), and this show. My damn TiVo only has 2 cards, dammit.


What I'm Reading::

Despite the plethora of books I left every one of them at home, dammit. Fortunately my brother has similar reading tastes to mine so I was able to finally read Watchmen, the acclaimed comic book graphic novel. I can see why it's held in such high regard as it has a compelling story with complex characters. I didn't much like the women in the story, but to be fair, every one of the main characters are messed up.

I'm looking forward to the movie - Zack Snyder directed it and he did 300 and the remake of Dawn of the Dead. Alan Moore, who wrote the book, refuses to have anything to do with the movie and considering that he wrote League of Extraordinairy Gentlemen and V for Vendetta I can't rightly say I blame him. But still I geeked when I saw the trailer so I'll give it a go.

No comments: