Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Odd bits & answering comments


flamingoes2, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

Happy New Beer, everyone!

Nancy: I need to update my GoodReads stuff. Mostly I received science fiction, including Neal Stephenson's Diamond Age, Harry Turtledove's The Great War, and William Gibson's Spook Country. Also a book on Henry Morgan, the pirate. Dad also gave me an Iain McBain book, Matter, which is british science fiction. I'm reading that one right now.

Stuart: I didn't know anything about Marley and Me until I walked into the theater. I could see why dog lovers love that movie (and book). Critics slammed it for being to ordinairy - I think that's why moviegoers (including me) enjoyed it. Imagine liking a movie about ordinary people with typical problems! Including a dog from the 9th circle of heck.

January makes me squee: New Battlestar Galactica, Lost, Fringe, and 24. Yeah, I'm still watching 24. I watched the TV movie that's basically the opener for the new season this last Sunday and I still like watching Jack whup up on evil bad guys.

Oh! Stay away from the toxic sludge that is Space Chimps. You have been warned!

1 comment:

exMI said...

Diamond Age. Excellent book.