Saturday, November 08, 2008

A Little More Life



NUP_131459_0131, originally uploaded by davidouss.

Good news for me and my viewing habits:

NBC moved Life away from the slot-of-death (Fridays 10pm EST) to a more tolerable timeslot (Wednesdays 9pm) and the ratings improved a little. Then I read this morning NBC decided to renew Life for the full season so I am quite happy today.

Yeah it's a standard police procedural but even the guest stars get a chance to be vivid, interesting, and sympathetic (mostly. There have been some dog episodes but I can think of some rotten Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Battlestar Galactica episodes).

To illustrate, I've been watching CSI:NY reruns on Spike for a couple of weeks now, but its totally not that interesting. I've adored Gary Sinise since The Stand became a miniseries and I like his character but he's basically flailing about by himself out there.

Damian Lewis is an amazingly versatile actor (no, I'm not prejudiced - watch an episode of Band of Brothers and then an episode of The Forsyte Saga and I promise your brain will blow up real good), and fortunately is surrounded in this series by talent. I miss the hell out of Robin Wiegert, but Sarah Shahi, Adam Arkin, Donal Logue, and Brent Sexton are good actors who are fun to watch on this show.

So thanks, NBC, for making my weekend! \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

No comments: