Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"I love the smell of bacon in the morning"


Boodle bacon, originally uploaded by dulcie.

"It smells like.... bacon!"

Brenden got sick enough Sunday that we took him to the emergency room that night. He had a 103 temp and he was shaking. While waiting, he puked all over his dad, poor kid. (Poor dad).

They don't know what it was but he was miserable. They gave him an antibiotic shot which hurt like mad. Yesterday I took him to the pediatrician and they gave him another antibiotic shot which hurt so bad he was limping around almost all day.

Guess where Jon and Brenden are right now? At the doc's, getting the last shot. Glad I'm not there. What really sucks is I bet it was one of those ubiquitous viruses so the torture shots are pointless.

Still, I have a hard time ignoring doctor's instructions.

Anyway, the bacon reference is I'm back on a low carbohydrate diet. I'm also hitting the weights. I've been at it for 2 weeks and I've dropped 8 pounds (yes, most water weight but not all) and I feel better than I have since before Brenden was born. RLY!

4 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

I'm sorry he was so sick. Why the shots instead of liquid?

Good luck with the low carb diet. i've been at it for a month and a half and all I've lost is 8 pounds. Discouraging. I'm having trouble making the time to exercise, though, and I know that makes a huge difference. Overall, though, I feel better and more energetic.

Oh, I've made that gumbo THREE TIMES since I asked you for the recipe. Obviously, I've been pleased with the results.

Helly said...

I was going to write, "MMMM, bacon...*in a Homer Simpson voice*" but then I wondered, is the 'in a Homer Simpson voice' part really necessary in this day and age?

MMMM, bacon...

Topcat said...

I agree, Homer is permanently entrenched in our culture and needs no introduction. MMMMMMM, bacon!

Topcat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.