Tuesday, July 08, 2008

WOW BOOM!


WOW BOOM!, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

I'm going to stop writing Brenden monthly letters, because this blog is basically all about Brenden anyways, with an occasional "what I'm watching" report thrown in occasionally.

So, Brenden's going through a defiance phase. He says "no!" to everything. Fortunately it's easy to take something away from him and he whines but that doesn't bother me. I like that he's learning that there are consequences to his actions. Sometimes it's pretty simple, like he found a dime in the couch this morning. He exclaimed "money!" and "mine!" which was fine with me.

Then I said, "put your shoes on, hon, it's time to leave". He said "No!" so I confiscated his dime, and told him he could have it back when he put his shoes on. Hey, it worked, with a little fussing.

Brenden loves fireworks. We went over to a friend's house on Thursday and shot off a bunch of stuff (there are some advantages to living in Alabama). Brenden's comments were along the lines of "WOW, BOOM!"

He's getting better at swimming. He'll get close to Jon or I in the shallow end, then duck his head under and dog-paddle towards us and grab a hand or a shirt.

Brenden is pretty much completely toilet trained, except at night time and that's my fault because I still have half a big box of diapers. Also, I'm not completely ready to remove the gate from his door. Once we do that there will be no peace ever. Not that we have that now.

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

WOW BOOM. That's so cute! Love the picture, too. He looks so happy. We saw some fireworks at the motel in Falmouth, just a few shot up over the beach, but we got to watch, and Anthony was delighted. Remember that scene in Joe Dirt?