Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Twinkle Twinkle Patrick Star


Starfish, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

Getting 'prepped' for a colonoscopy involves a 'bowel prep kit'. The one I was prescribed was called 'Halflytely' which consists of two tablets that get things moving, so to speak, and a 2-liter jug of some godawful tasting stuff that you mix and then slam down 8 ounces of the stuff every 10 minutes until the jug is empty. Hilarity ensues, if you enjoy poop jokes.

I was going to make a joke about 20 tabasco-soaked chicken wings and a six-pack being cheaper, but I'll stop.

The procedure was far more pleasant because the doc and nurses knocked me out before spelunking.

Anyway the doc removed a polyp and I presume that's being tested and he will tell me the results on Monday about it. Once the demerol wore off I started really thinking about that damn polyp. From what I can tell it's probably nothing but the last time I wrote those words I ended up losing a boob.

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

At least it's over. My mom has to do that soon.