Monday, June 23, 2008

More Fun in the Pool


IMG_1803, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

It sucks about George Carlin. He loved to point out the funny and inconsistent things about our language, including the naughty bits. The words, not our actual naughty bits, though he talked about them too. He was a joy for amateur etymologists like me, though sometimes especially in the later years he was too bitter. Despite all his cursing, my favorite bit of his is his essay on the difference between Football and Baseball. Like Football has THE TWO MINUTE WARNING!!!!! but baseball has the 7th inning stretch! Football has SUDDEN DEATH but baseball has extra innings!. Woo-hoo! we have EX-tra innings! Football has PENALTIES, but baseball has errors. Whoopsie! I made an error!!

The whole routine is a classic.

I was able to swim this weekend. I feel some tightness in my chest but I suppose that will pass, or I'll get used to it as I heal more. Brenden is now going to the potty without much prompting. He aims about as well as a drunk guy despite his shorter range so I've invested heavily in Clorox wipes. We won't talk about the time we were at the pool and he announced "poo poo!" so I got the bright idea of taking his swim shorts off before he went in the house. That was a mistake.

No comments: