Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Monkey Boy Wants To Swim


IMG_1759, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

What I'm Watching:

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: Oh yeah, Jon and I got out once when I was out sick to see a movie. I'm glad I got to see this one in the theaters. Indy still kicks a lot of ass even though he's an old fart. Since I'm bordering on old fartyness myself I can't complain. Sure some of the action was outrageous. I didn't care. Come ON, it has Cate Blanchett as the Bad Guy! That's the real reason I wanted to see it. And I'm not allergic to Shia LeBouf so that helped. It is a nice Swan Song for Indiana Jones (and Harrison Ford's career - here's your chance to bow out gracefully, sir!).

Aaaand that's about it. I've watched a bunch of C.S.I. episodes recently but like I said earlier, it's a guilty pleasure. Guilty because I really don't care about anyone (though I've always liked how Gil is so non-judgemental of other people). But they're fun and total hooey. BSG, Lost, and Life are all on hiatus and there isn't anything good to put in my Netflix queue.

There will be in about 6 months, when all the nifty movies that are out now will be on DVD. I'd actually like to see Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk, the former because I've always liked Robert Downey, Jr; and the latter not because of Ed Norton (who is a more logical choice than Eric Bana to play Bruce Banner but I'm kinda fond of Eric) but because the Bad Guy is played by the sorely MIA Tim Roth, who was a major favorite of mine back in the 90's. The new Batman should be out shortly, and Hancock might be fun.

I'd also like to see Kung Fu Panda and (of course) WALL-E, and I wouldn't throw away tickets for Get Smart if someone gave them to me. It's an interesting year in movies. Ok, maybe not; but it's more interesting than last year.

No comments: