Monday, February 25, 2008

Busy B


Busy B, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

Brenden asked me to take him to see his dad on Saturday afternoon. Actually he said "Dada (unintelligable) truck (mumble) now". I asked him if he wanted to go see dada, and he said "Yeah, mama!" So I called Jon and sure enough he wasn't busy (cloudy and cold) so we went and hung around the drop zone for several hours. Brenden brought two of his battery-powered trains (Thomas and Arthur). Another couple had their almost-4 year-old daughter with them who started coveting Brenden's trains. B actually likes sharing his trains because he has more fun if he plays with someone so he let her use one and they had a loud, shrieking , fun, blast.

Sunday Brenden asked me if we could go outside (he just walked to the front door, pointed to it and said "out"). I said "It's too cold" but he found a pair of his pants and put them on himself and tried to open the front door. (Note: he has never put his pants on by himself before. He pretends to not know how). I finished dressing him and we went out and it wasn't too bad. I started raking leaves and he helped by picking leaves up and putting them in a small trash basket I use to transport rakings to the big 'lawn refuse' barrel. He got tired of helping after a while so he decided to start spreading the leaves around instead. Still, we lasted a couple of hours and I didn't have to constantly chase him because he was heading for the street. I am naively hoping I can actually do something about our mud flat front lawn this year.

Also on Sunday, B decided it was funny to pull my pants down. He knows better, now.

What I'm reading: I'm still chewing my way through Quicksilver, but I took a detour with a book Alan recommended to me World War Z which was written by the same guy who wrote the Zombie Survival Guide. Good fun flesh-eating zombie fanfic recounting a world-wide zombie infestation through the stories of the men and women who survived and fought in it.

What I'm watching: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End You know for a bunch of pirates they don't do much pirating. They betray each other a lot - I guess that's the rogue portion of the equation. This DVD was the first Blu-Ray disc I have watched and I must say the visuals were breath-taking. Too damn bad there was no PIRATING! And not enough Chow Yun-Fat. Arr!

What I will never watch, not in a million, billion years: Frank Daranbont directed 2 of the best movies based on Steven King novels, The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile. I will never, ever, ever, see the movie The Mist, however. I was debating putting it on my Netflix queue but after I read a review I knew I had better find a spoiler. I did and even the spoiler upset me so bad I almost cried! I'm going to post a relatively vague but important spoiler in the comments in case anyone is wondering what I'm talking about.

2 comments:

Topcat said...

Spoiler: The death of a child (and one that you are emotionally invested in, at that).

Anonymous Me said...

I'll never watch it either. Not that I was going to, but now I'll be sure not even by accident.