Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Mr. Quackquack and Son


Mr. Quackquack 2, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

That's the penguin Brenden chose at the Chattanooga Aquarium gift shop. He calls him 'quackquack'.

More Movie Reviews:

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix This installment was pretty good - I thought the people responsible decently pared the story down to get it into 2 hours. Imelda Staunton got to play Dolores Umbridge, one of the most eeevil characters ever, and she did it with the proper relish. My biggest complaint with this one is I think anyone who has not read the books will be totally lost (something my husband confirmed - but for the record he enjoyed it nontheless).

Transformers Michael Bay has found his calling. Finally he made a movie which is as stupid as his other movies but at least this time around he knows it. It's a lot of fun to watch. The transforming sequences involving the Autobots and the Decepticons are worth the price of rental alone. Speaking of renting, this type of movie makes me appreciate our new television. We wouldn't have been able to figure out what the hell was going on on a smaller screen.

Hairspray The movie based on the musical based on the movie. Rent the original movie if you haven't seen it. Not that this was bad, it just wasn't necessary. I was intrigued by the idea of seeing Chris Walken and John Travolta dance together (cute sequence), but I was deathly afraid they might kiss. That's not my idea of hot man-on-man action.

If you know me, you know my idea of that concept is guys beating the shit out of each other - as I expressed earlier in my love of the Bourne series.

I should be reviewing a movie that exemplifies these values shortly.

I should add one comment about the original Hairspray: Any movie where the not-perfect girl gets the perfect guy (without having to become perfect) is A-OK in my book!

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

Eventually I'll get around to watching Hairspray just for Christopher Walken. The original still seems so recent for a remake.