Monday, January 07, 2008

Letter to Brenden Month 31



camping fun, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

Let's see... what's new with you? Not much. Your vocabulary is improving and you recognize a lot of letters. You are still way obsessed with trains.

I think the biggest news is "meow" is no longer your word for "I want something to drink". Part of me will miss your meowing, but it's for the best. I don't want you to be laughed at in school when you go to the cafeteria if you meow at the lunch lady.

So now you ask for "joos" or "choka milk" or "wawa".

We gave you a Smart Cycle - a video game / stationary bike - for Christmas which you enjoy. We get a kick out of when you play the race game - the other cars will pull away from you and you will be pedalling as hard as you can and you will be yelling "Wait up! Wait up!" at the screen.

I like the fact that it's possible to lose at the games. As a software developer I know the value of making mistakes. It's hard to learn anything if you don't make mistakes.

I do realize that for other professions, like say being a doctor or a pharmacist or an airline pilot this may not be the case.

But I digress. 5 more months and you're three. I guess we had better get to that potty training soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

No more meowing - that's kind of sad!