Thursday, October 04, 2007

Ooo dada wook!


Ooo dada wook!, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

Letter to Brenden month 28:

With your dad away so much in the last month, I let you sleep with me a few nights. You are a total blanket hog, hon. What's worse is back when dad was in Switzerland you woke me up one night. You were kind of growling and complaining, and when I finally turned to look at you, you were sitting up tugging at _my_ pillow.

I picked you up, hugged you, and said, "no hon, this is your pillow". I gently set you down and pulled the blanket over you and kissed your forehead.

You sat straigh up, and distinctly said "bleh!" as you picked your pillow up and flung it off the bed. You then grabbed mine, pulled it on your side of the bed (which is apparently 90% of the square footage of said bed, leaving 7% for Big Fat Kitty and the rest for me), and flung yourself down on the pillow.

I was too stunned to react, and by the time I did, a few seconds later, you were snoring. I *should* have picked your ass up and put it in your own bed. I admit it - I picked up your pillow instead and went back to sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

Funny story! "Bleh!"

When Anthony sleeps with me, he insists on lying perpendicular to me, so I either have his hair in my nose or his feet kicking my face (like a dog chasing rabbits in his sleep) all night long.

But he's so adorable when he's sleeping!

Topcat said...

Thanks - I think that's why I didn't kick him out of bed. I was laughing too much. Brenden's a kicker too but he is adorable once he actually starts to saw logs.

-Sandy