Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Month 16


Trip2
Originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.
Brenden and Jon had a great time in Massachusetts, even though neither got much sleep. I actually didn't have much fun - I started peeling wallpaper from around the house. Oh, that reminds me:

I don't think I mentioned this, but when we decided about the laminate flooring, we also decided to repaint the whole house - this included yanking all the paneling from the living room and replacing it with drywall. We also need to repaint the ceilings because a) smokers lived there and b) we have some water stains from problems fixed a while back.

Jon has hired a contractor who is going to let Jon work with him to do everything. I'll do what I can, but for the most part I'm going to be keeping Brenden out of their way.

Speaking of B: Letter to Brenden Month 16:

Well, darling; you are getting more clever and aware. I have noticed no new words in your vocabulary recently, but I do love how if I say "no!" and you continue with whatever you are doing, if I get in your face and ask "what did I just say?" You go "no no no!" and clap your hands. Usually that's enough to make you stop.

I took you to your first Birthday Party. I thought you are a little young for such events, but it was for a girl in your same daycare and I thought it might be fun. For the most part you had a blast. Kylie's parents had rented one of those big jumping castles. You didn't go in until all the bigger kids had gone for food and then I had a tough time getting you out of there. You do love flinging yourself at bouncy things.

We also went for a hayride, which involved sitting on bales of hay in an open trailer pulled by a gigantic tractor. We passed some horses and I was all "YEEEEEEEK!" but then I felt bad because you really wanted to look at one up close. Some of the other kids started feeding hay to the horses, and you saw this and grabbed a little twig and held it up to a horse. I don't think he saw it. I was going to give you more hay to hold but the tractor decided to move at that point. I'm glad to see an animal that big didn't scare you, although I would like you to know that if you ever see a bear that's not behind a cage don't try to feed it, ok? It's probably a good idea to leave it alone altogether.

I wonder if it might be time for a trip to a zoo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man that was so much work, so much effort but SO MUCH FUN.. I love you B...