Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Letter to Brenden Month 11


GoofyB
Originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.
You are almost a year old and you have done more leaping development in the last month. You walk just fine now - you rarely fall down unless you come across an uneven surface. When we were at your grandparents' place we really enjoyed watching you navigate over the threshold of a door (very carefully). Ilu is highly impressed that you don't want to hold someone's hand while you walk.

You can do some limited sorting - you can put a round toy into a round hole - you can't handle anything with corners yet. I get thrilled though when I demonstrate something to you and you try to do it - this mostly concerns putting something into something else. You also like to play with my hairbrush and try to brush my hair, or yours, or the cat's. Sometimes you like to try to put the hairbrush in my mouth or in the cat's butt. Fortunately you haven't succeeded on either count.

Your love of water amuses us all. I can let you play in the bathtub forever and you would stay. I wish the pool were warmer. I am going to get you a kiddie pool for your birthday.

You like to clap your hands and shake your head. When you first shook your head, your dad and I were a little freaked until I read that kids just like to do that because it feels neat. I would write about something else you do that feels neat when I change your diaper but I don't want to duly embarrass you when you finally get old enough to read this. You clap your hands because of that freakin' Baby Tad sing-along doll that sings "when you're happy and you know it clap your hands..."

You don't really say anything resembling english yet, although sometimes you will repeat 'mama' or 'dada' if we say it first.

Oh, yeah. You are ticklish. You poor child! Don't tell anybody.

No comments: