Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Eat the Monkey


Eat the Monkey
Originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.
As promised, here's photographic proof of Brenden's monkey habit. I'm sure Bucky Katt can sympathize.

Actually, last night B would not take his 5pm nap, so I fed him a little early. He packed away almost a full jar of veal (I couldn't find Gerber Monkey meat, unfortunately) and 4 oz of formula. Then the growling began.

So he tried to eat his monkey while I tried to get dinner ready for Jon and I plus the thousand other things I need to do once I get home from work (uh-oh. I'm starting on that mommy-martyr thing). Poor B is chewing, growling, and complaining. I kept thinking 'he's teething' but I couldn't see anything in his little gums. I gave him more things to chew on, including my finger, teething rings, a cloth diaper, and the cat. Okay, not the cat.

Poor B was visibly in distress and running a low-grade fever so I finally gave him another 4 ounces of formula and some baby tylenol. He finally relaxed and took a nap.

I woke him up at 7:30pm and gave him a good bath (he tried to eat the washcloth and the rubber ducky), got him dressed for bed (he tried to eat his nightshirt) and he slept like a stone.

This morning when I'm dropped him off at daycare, I discussed B's behavior with Shayne (the proprietor). We both looked in B's mouth (hard to do when he's trying to eat your fingers) and lo and behold, on the bottom left side of his gums, a little peek of tooth was poking through.

I shall miss that toothless grin of his.

2 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

Feeding infants veal really contributes to the growing problem in society of BABIES EATING BABIES.

Topcat said...

Why not? Babies so gosh darn tasty!