Thursday, June 02, 2005

Week 39 - 4 days

I haven't updated because I had nothing to say really. I feel like I've been on a long walk and even though I can see the finish line I just.... can't... reach... it!

But: I just got back from the doctor. I am scheduled for a C - Section Monday morning. Yes, I'm nervous and excited. And I am tickled that my kid's birthday will be D-Day. Heh.

Anyway, the kid is just fine - the C Section is because he's simply not showing any signs of actually wanting to leave. He's just floating around having a good time. His head isn't even remotely engaged. The doc said if we induce there's a slim to none chance of me delivering normally anyway; so I decided we'd skip that part and go straight to the cutting.

Oy. I am ready to not be pregnant any more!

To catch up on last week. A stupid bird got caught in the stove in our chimney. I tried to get him out and only succeeded in freeing him into the house. So Big Fat Kitty chased the bird, I chased BFK, and my husband called me an "idiot". I managed to keep BFK from hurting the bird (he was really outraged that I wouldn't let him play with his new toy), and I picked it up and set it outside. It didn't move any and I was afraid it was hurt. All of this happened Friday, I think; before I had to go to work. By the time I was ready to leave for work I burst out crying.

The weekend itself saw a continuation of my cleaning mania: I cleaned the pool again then I cleaned the refrigerator. Then I sat down with Quicken and worked on a budget, started tracking all of our assets and debts, and went back since the first of the year to correct all of my entries. My head hurts.

I did actually get some quality pool time on Saturday. Bliss. Wish I could have had a beer or two while I floated around. Not much longer at all!

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

Monday? You mean this coming Monday??? Wow! I feel so bad that I haven't made the trip there with all those clothes. Well, he won't be wearing them for many months, anyway, but I'd wanted to be there before you had the baby. But I guess instead we'll come down sometime this summer and actually see the baby, which will be even better, I hope. Although when I was pregnant i dreaded the thought of visitors after the baby was born. But then later, when people visited, I was so thrilled to show off the baby that I didn't mind. My C-section experience was so good for me that I have to say I'm happy for you that you're getting one too. I hope it goes as well for you.