Monday, June 13, 2005

Happy Birthday Brenden! You are one week old today. Your abuela keeps threatening to run away with you; you have that effect on people. Again, I couldn't have made it through this first week without Ileana's help. I'm learning to deal - I haven't broken down in tears since Friday night. I have learnt that his crying isn't him in real pain - he just wants something. So I have learned not to panic. I just take my time and get what he needs done out of the way, then I comfort him.

I get a kick out of his little hands and feet. He doesn't really have any coordination yet, but every once in a while his flailing hand will find his mouth and he'll jam a finger in there and suck with much gusto.

I do realize I'm going to be a one-track blogger here for a while. Hell, I haven't been out of the house since I got back from the hospital! I'm almost looking forward to having my staples removed.

No comments: