Saturday, June 11, 2005

Brenden is sleeping soundly right now. I had a rough night - he had gas problems and tends not to sleep at night anyway. My dad's wife Ileana is here. She took over for me last night around 12 when I got so stressed I couldn't stop crying. She didn't wake me up until 9:30. Actually I woke up on my own. I owe her my life! Jon is out at the dz working - he needed a real break because he has really been doing a lot because of my C-section.

Jon just adores his kid. He's gotten good at doing all the drudge work - cleaning, changing, feeding, burping, etc. I'm working on trying to get him to talk to Brenden when he's holding him. I talk to him non-stop when I'm holding him. Jon has had reality slap him in the face - Thursday night he got stressed out and I spelled him for the rest of the night. Tag-team is the only way to handle this.

Brenden's poor little willie! The circumcision looks good - no signs of infection and I think we can stop wrapping it in gauze in a few days. I will feel so much better when his penis heals and his umbilical cord falls off - besides then we can start the full baths! Not that he needs them but I want to add that in to our activities.

The cats are for the most part, taking it in stride. Vasquez just doesn't give a shit - she's too old to be too curious and she can't hear the baby anyway. Big Fat Kitty is having a bout of sibling rivalry, I think. He's now number 2 on the totem pole and that confuses him. He sees me laying on the couch and there's this hairless kitten in his place. He's checked Brenden out a few times (no signs of allergies yet, hallelujiah!) and gets freaked when he starts waving his arms around or makes noises.

I did fall asleep on the bed with Brenden next to me a few afternoons ago. Big Fat Kitty jumped on the bed, and tactfully took a spot near my knees to lay down. That worked out perfectly.

I miss my beautiful, baby-filled round belly. Now I have this flaccid waist that would look right at home on any middle-aged man's beer belly. Not surprisingly I have to force myself to eat anything. I have zero hunger. I have these enormous ta-ta's, but so what. I also have 14 staples which should be removed Monday. Time is slow right now. Excuse me; I have to go stare raptly at my little baby again for a while.

No comments: