Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Week 36

Happy birthday to us
Happy birthday to us
Happy birthday Bill Paxton (and Trent Reznor and Dennis Hopper)
Happy birthday to us!


Holy mackarel. 4 weeks left; most probably less than that. Brenden will be considered "term" on Thursday, or at the 37 week mark. I shall serve him his eviction notice. Not sure how I'm going to get it to him without rupturing any membranes; not to mention I don't think he can read yet. Maybe I'll just jump up and down a lot and yell "Get out!!".

I am feeling terrific. I thought things were supposed to get worse into the last 6 weeks. Dunno why I feel so good; I think some of it has to do with the excercise I'm getting. Yeah, I'm finally being active after 5 months.

My sister Andrea came up on Saturday to visit. We had a plan to clean the house from top to bottom. I started at 8am; she showed up at 9:30 and we kept going until about 5pm. Even with all that we did not get to two rooms (computer room and weight room). Not only was everything scrubbed, vacuumed, put away, etc. we must have thrown away a half a ton of crap that has been accumulating.

We rearranged the master bedroom - Andrea has a good eye for room layout and we set things up so I no longer have a tortorous route to crawl to get out of bed. The baby's room is now ready to go - it was getting crammed with late additions and gifts and now everything is all sorted out and ready to go. I think. I hope.

All the baby books and stuff talk about the "nesting instinct". Apparently many women feel the urge to clean and rearrange near the end of their pregnancies. I think Jon is right though - I don't think it's a true instinct as much as it is adrenaline and excitement because I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Oh! We did take a swim break at about 3pm. I did a little light vacuuming in the pool first (it had just rained and a few earthworms decided to commit suicide). It's still a shade cold but we lasted about 30 minutes. I for one loved how my back and feet quit hurting! I need a big pool floatie that will allow me to stay submerged for the most part (like an inner-tube shaped floatie) and I'll live in the pool for the rest of the pregnancy.

Sunday morning we went to Wally World for a few last-minute things then Andrea left around mid-day. She was actually verklempt when she left! I think she's as excited about having a nephew as I am having a son. I will say one nice thing about this pregancy is how much more I'm staying in touch with my family. Part of my depression has been caused by loneliness and when they come visit it helps a lot.

I spent the rest of Sunday resting and watching TV/ playing on the computer. I was deeply surprised at how good I felt - I thought I would feel absolutely lame after Saturday. And I'm feeling great today. So much so that I'm contemplating the weight room and the computer room.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea! Happy birthday to us.

Anonymous Me said...

Happy Birthday Sandy! I remember how much i loved the pool when I was pregnant. It was the only way I could move that didn't make me want to pee. Isn't it a weird time, knowing your life is about to change in this totally unimaginable way? I felt really peaceful towards the end of the pregnancy. That brings back memories. Having Andrea come down to help clean, that must have been great.