Thursday, May 19, 2005

I want to refrain from writing anything to Brenden yet, simply because he's not here. Well he's here in my belly but you know what I mean. But I have been thinking about all the things I have learned so far and what I want to teach my child. So here I'm going to post my....

Top 10 Universal Truths

10) Trust, but verify.

9) If there is a discrepancy between what someone says and what someone does, *always* go by what he or she does.

8) Life isn't fair. It's more fair than death however. (Hat tip: the Princess Bride, the book)

7) Don't believe everything you read/see/hear. (hat tip: Grandpa)

6) Always tell the truth. It is much easier to keep your story straight that way.

5) If someone accuses you of being selfish, he or she wants something from you for nothing.

4) Hope for the best; prepare for the worst.

3) If something can go wrong, it will. (Hat tip:
Murphy)

2) Mistakes are made. Learn from them.

1) Suck it in and drive on. (Hat tip: my drill sargeants)

I could boil all this down to: people can be shit, and shit happens. I think having contentment in my life arises from accepting these two universal truths and not letting them drag you down. In other words, see #1.

Bonus: Illegitimi non carborundum.

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

Good list, Sandy. What does the Latin mean?