Monday, March 21, 2005

Week 28
Bleah. Didn't feel good Sunday night and this morning. I think it was because I got to see my dad and Ileana (and their two dogs and Ralph, a cat that rivals Big Fat Kitty in size). It was great seeing them again; they got to see the ultrasound video and the baby's room (which they furnished), and we had lunch and talked. But I got into a funk because I was lonely. I miss my family (sniff).

Hey! I wuz on the teevee! Discovery Health had a show on surviving impact which included a skydiver who got hurt at our drop zone. The show only had a little b.s. about skydiving, which was nice. This guy had a camera helmet on and made some mistakes and managed to blow out a vertabrae. Fortunately he lived to skydive again - and made a jump at our d.z. 9 months later after the incident (which I was on). Not a big fan of the sensationalistic crap that tv usually puts on about skydiving, but the show didn't do too bad a job.

I have my 3 hour glucose tolerance test tomorrow morning. What fun!

2 comments:

Helly said...

Are you studying?!? How does one cram for a glucose test, anyway? Do you just eat lots of refined sugar? Do you want me to help? 'Cause I will.

Topcat said...

Bwahahaha! Unfortunately it involves a 12 hour fast followed by a really super-sweet orange drink and then a lot of blood-letting. Blah. I already want a cheeseburger.