Saturday, March 19, 2005

I have my first entry into the World's Worst Mother Contest because of my diet and exercise. Yes, I'm talking about when I failed the glucose tolerance test.

Hey, I eat a wide range of foods, and I take my prenatal vitamins religiously. But I quit exercising when I was hit with athsma, and I've been eating a lot of junk food as well as my normal meals. I'm such a bad mom. Bad, bad, bad! Heh, nothing like a good round of self-flagellation. Isn't that a great word? Flagellation. Sounds made up.

Anyway I've decided that even if next Tuesday's test results are negative, from here on in I will watch what I eat. Steel-cut oats, here I come! And I'm going to start walking every day, dammit!

Nancy emailed me for some clarification on skydiving and drinking. The girl who injured her hand was *not* skydiving at the time. We and all other drop zones highly discourage drinking during hours of operation. Not only does drinking rob your brain of oxygen, but so does flying around in an unpressurized airplane at 14,000ft. The net effect is if you have had one beer on the ground, it will feel like 4 beers at altitude. No way will we willingly allow someone to drink and jump.

We have grounded people for alcohol and drug-related incidents and have even had to chase people off permanently. Go kill yourself someplace else, thank you.

However, when the wheels of the last load of they day leave the tarmac, the beer starts a flowin'. She was injured staggering around the campfire well after jumping was done. Hey, we're crazy, not stupid. I think.

Jon and I watched a Sci-Fi Network original movie Thursday night: Alien Siege. Aliens show up and demand 8 million people or else. Apparently they have a sickness that will only be cured by human blood. A small band of people resist as America holds a damn lottery instead of handing over rapists, murderers, child molesters and politicians. To top it all off, if all they needed was blood, wouldn't a ginormous blood drive have served their purpose?

Whoo this movie sucked bad. The aliens are humanoid, and you can tell they are aliens because their eyebrows have been dyed white and they have cell phones implanted in their cheeks. The resistance inlcuded the idealistic black guy who of course is murdered, and the tough-as-nails chick who kicks everyone's ass (unconvincingly). The hero is a widower whose daughter is picked in the lottery, and he and the T.A.N. chick out of the blue kiss near the end of the movie despite having shown no interest in each other earlier. Gods, how this movie reeked! Stay away from SciFi original movies, unless you happen to like bad movies like this.

Speaking of, Spring Break Shark Attack is on CBS this Sunday. Imagine a huge school of sharks attacking a bunch of college students on spring break in Florida. Aaaaah, what a delightful fantasy!

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

I meant to send you this link ages ago, but your topic somehow reminded me. Joe of Joe.My.God wrote this hilarious piece on all the kinds of movies he hates, but he loves zombie movies.