Monday, March 07, 2005

Week 26

I had the blues on Friday, and Saturday morning I was crying again so I went home from the drop zone to collect myself. Besides the standard Fur Therapy, I also watched 4 episodes of "SpongeBob SquarePants". I highly recommend SpongeBob Therapy; that cartoon is so silly and absurd I can't help but laugh my ass off.

I slept a little and went back to the DZ in the afternoon and I was feeling MUCH better.

I've watched a few SpongeBob episodes, but now I have TiVo set to record as many as possible. What got me in a SquarePants mood? I had to review The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie and I spent the entire time just howling. I'll post a link to the review as soon as it gets posted. My favorite character on the show is of course Plankton, a tiny plankton who wants to rule the world. You know me and characters who aspire to be Evil Overlords! That scene where SpongeBob tries to scrape Plankton off his shoe was so hysterical I had to rewind and watch it 3 times. I'm sure my kid thought he was on some kind of crazy carnival ride.

Speaking of, the kid didn't move much on Saturday. On Sunday, when I was in a MUCH happier mood, he was practicing his gymnastics routines again. I wonder if my moods and his activities are correlated? I shall have to pay attention to that.

Sunday morning I drove Jon the the Birmingham airport, because he had a plane to catch to Las Vegas. He is there getting his Master Rigger's ticket. A senior rigger can pack reserve parachutes and make minor alterations to parachute gear. A master rigger can do major alterations and repairs, including manufacturing gear. So that begs the question: what am I going to do this week?

COOK!

I have a couple of recipes I haven't made since I married Jon because he didn't particularly like them, like my beloved Puerto Rican arroz con pollo. I'm going to make that Tuesday ( tonight I have to make the chicken marinade). Not sure what I'm going to make the rest of the week but I have a strong feeling I'm going to be recipe blogging a couple of days here.

Speaking of cooking, I'm not sure I mentioned it here before: I am very curious as to what kind of food people in poorer countries feed their children after weaning them. I'm saying that because I'd like my kid to have an appreciation of a wide range of foods, including the spicy types. Now I'm not going to feed him ground-up habaneros but I still wonder how parents acclimatize their children to spices? I sense a fun websearch in my future.

Also, during my third trimester (which starts technically in a few days) I'm going to work on not eating so many sweet things and eating a larger variety of foodstuffs. I don't know if this idea is so much hoo-hah, but there's a theory that kids tend to have their food preferences shaped by what their mothers eat because they can taste what mom is tasting.

Then again, there's that Urban Legend that if you eat a lot of spicy foods your child will have a fiery temperment. If true, I will be giving birth to a Tasmanian Devil. Heh.

No comments: