Monday, February 07, 2005

My initial appointment was a relief; I talked to an LPN who works for the psychiatrist I will be seeing. This first meeting was essentially a screening to see what could be done for me.

The LPN was very sympathetic and asked a lot of useful questions. She could empathize with some of what I'm going through, too; because she has 2 children of her own. I'm glad I chose a woman doctor - nothing against men I just think I may have held back.

She had the psychiatrist (also a woman, who I will be seeing in a few weeks) review her notes, and I am now on Zoloft. Normally I would resist medicating this problem, but I need something for control NOW while we work out our problems. Jon is going to go with me to see the LPN next week.

I forgot to mention: I have the greatest cat in the world. Well, it's Jon's cat. I fell asleep on the couch Saturday morning - totally exhausted from everything. I woke up a bit and felt Big Fat Kitty lying next to me all stretched out next to my upper body. I put an arm around him and hugged him gently and he didn't protest. We fell back asleep that way. If it wasn't for his issues with toilet paper he'd be perfect and I could clone him and sell copies of him for a tidy profit.

No comments: