Tuesday, February 08, 2005

During that initial appointment, the LPN was reviewing a rather lengthy questionnaire I had to fill out before hand. I was trying to explain to her my train of thought when things got bad, and I realized I was describing it as 2 people having an argument.

And that's exactly it - it's not me having an imaginary argument with Jon, (had those too but these are way different). I described it yesterday here as being hectored, but not to the LPN. I tried to explain to her that I knew my mind was using the 2 people having an argument as a convenient tool for trying to work conundrums out. Most of the time it works, but in this case the arguments would leave me yelling "will you shut the fuck up?" out loud.

So I convinced her that I knew damn well that *I* was the source of both voices, and that no one was planting thoughts in my head. But still, I tried to attach a face to the voice on the drive back to work. For some reason I flashed on Henry Rollins during his Black Flag heyday, but that's wrong. This voice is more petulant, maybe Gary Oldman's version of Sid Vicious, but that's not right either. Too incoherent. R.Lee Ermey? Too loud. In the end, I had this image of Harry Dean Stanton, in a rumpled old overcoat, just sitting there on a stool in a seedy bar, smoking cigarrettes, and implacably reciting points out of a notebook until I couldn't stand it.

Great. I'm being haunted by Harry Dean Stanton. Then I flashed on Red Dawn where he's yelling "Avenge me, boys, AVENGE ME!!!" and I nearly ran my car on a sidewalk while I was giggling.

Most amusing quote I've read on a blog in a while:

"I would expect you to kill me, mom. You don't take chances with the undead. Duh."

If my son ever says this to me, I'll be so proud! *Sniff!*. Uh, please follow the link so you can put the quote in context.

A close runner-up is from Helly's blog:

"I'm smarter, I'm more malicious, I'm more evil and more to the point, I have a far better stereo system and lots of bagpipe CDs."

No comments: