Monday, January 10, 2005

Week 18

Yeah, I know. Wasn't last week Week 18? Well, apparently I miscounted, as you can see by my counter. So this is the latter part of week 18. Hey, I *did* take Calc II in college and passed. I made B's through all of my math classes basically because I can't add. So sue me.

And *still* no news of my amniocentesis, dammit. The Ob/gyn nurse promised to call the minute the results arrived. Gr.

As for my athsma, it seems to be in good check so far. I take my last dose of Prednisone tonight and I have another appointment with Dr. Krishna tomorrow afternoon. I'll be able to tell if the local cortocosteroid I'm taking (pulmicort) is finally doing its job by Wednesday.

I am currently having tummyaches due to being plugged up pretty bad following the athsma incidents. If it's not one thing, it's another.

I'm not too sure I'm going to take Nancy's advice and practice dressing Big Fat Kitty in preparation for dressing a toddler. He is a gentle and loving kitty, but he does have sharp claws and pointy teeth.

I'm enjoying the Zombie Survival Guide. It's hilarious in that it is totally dead straightforward in it's advice. There's no tongue-in-cheek humor; no subtle winks at its intended audience. It's by far some of the best zombie fan fiction I've read in a long time. I especially like its timeline of zombie attacks through history: it nicely weaves wierd incidents and mass disappearances into the timeline like the disappearance of the first settlement at Roanoke. And hey, should the zombie holaucast finally happen, *I'll* be prepared!

Hm. I'm going to have to lock up my flesh-eating zombie movies eventually, aren't I?

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

"I'm not too sure I'm going to take Nancy's advice and practice dressing Big Fat Kitty in preparation for dressing a toddler. He is a gentle and loving kitty, but he does have sharp claws and pointy teeth."

Yeah, well, so do toddlers!