Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Jon is flying down to Florida in our Cessna this morning to confer with our business partner about tax things (ugh), so it's just going to be me, my belly, and our 2 cats for a few days. I'm fixing pot roast as I type in the crock pot because Jon doesn't like pot roast and I love it.

Yesterday when we went in for the checkup/ultrasound, the tech who operates the ultrasound told us we wouldn't be having it because we had one done at UAB and our insurance wouldn't cover it. Jon and I looked at each other for a second, then Jon asked what it would cost if we paid for it ourselves. The tech acted like no one asked that before. Why is it people get all penny-pinching if they have to pay for things out of their pocket? It cost us 80 bucks; well worth it to see the little fella again.

Upon getting gooed on the belly and cranking up the ultrasound, we were greeted by Mini-jon with a beautiful head shot. Turns out he is lying sideways - his head on the left, his butt on the right, with his little arms and legs facing down (if I were standing up, hope that makes sense). Instead of having his legs up and crossed, they were straight out and up in front of him. If he wants to he can suck on his toes, in other words.

I asked the doc about depression. He rolled his eyes and offered me medication. That's the last thing I want. I told him I wanted to talk to someone and if he could refer someone. He told me a little about The Enrichment Center in Decatur, which should call some time today to set up an appointment. After the appointment I told Jon I was pissed at the doc for his behavior; Jon pointed out he probably gets lots of patients that are just making excuses to get medications. Maybe - but jeez act more professional.

As for calling, the more I think about it, the more I get angry. I'm not going to tell a stranger my problems. I know - I keep a blog and write some pretty heavy shit in here but I won't see a counselor.

No comments: