Thursday, January 20, 2005

Hump Day!

Last night Jon and I met with a very pregnant friend of his (Lisa, 37 weeks) for dinner and a trip to Babies R Us to set up a gift registry. Lisa's very nice and I'm amazed at her energy. She was doing better than I was. After zapping the item codes on just about everything in the store I was completely exhausted. We're going to register at Wal-Mart, as well simply because things there are cheaper and more readily available. Holy crap I didn't know children came with so many accessories!

Lisa is single and has a fortuitous job working at a daycare center for employees of Nasa. Even though this is her first child, she has had a good deal of experience with babies and gave me a lot of useful advice. She also gave us an extra car seat, stroller, and some wierd baby torture-rack looking device with a lot of thingies and doohickeys attached.

Our friend and employee (she works manifest at the drop zone) Stacey has started making arrangements for a baby shower. The tentative date is April 1st, which is a Friday. We're going to hold it at the dz.

And for my brother's benefit: I registered a good deal of noisy toys. Personally I want the toy that meows and vibrates violently.

The next big milestone is of course feeling the baby move. I may be feeling that but I'm having a tough time telling if it's the kid, gas, muscle spasms, or just plain imagination.

My subconcious is getting too wierd; last night I dreamt I accidentally clicked on a popup window which took me to a site playing Russian pop music videos. No matter what I did, even unplugging the computer, I couldn't shut it off. Now I get the symbolism (loss of control) but damn. Russian pop music?

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

Would you consider. . . just consider. . . a Saturday for the baby shower?