Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Week 14

Wow. I'm in week 15 already. Dang.

I am going for the amniocentesis in 2 weeks. Should not be fun, unless you think having a big-assed needle shoved in your belly is fun. Then I have the next week off for Christmas vacation, which I'm going to spend resting.

As for my pregnancy, I have had bad athsma problems for the last couple of weeks. Usually it's pretty mild but it has built up lately into needing to suck on the Albuterol inhaler every 4 hours. I'd take more hits if I could but that's the dosage. Hell, I've even had to wake up and hit it. Not pleasant.

I had a checkup yesterday and I complained to the doctor. He gave me a prescription for Singulair, which has 'no known side-effects' but it hasn't been studied very well in pregnant women and is only to be prescribed if absolutely necessary. I was about to throw the stuff in the garbage can when I read that, but then I read about the risks for uncontrolled athsma: low birthweight, premature delivery, and possible blood pressure changes.

The upside is I took my first dose yesterday afternoon, and it's still working. I woke up and used the inhaler, then I only had to use it again at noon. That's a big improvement. I can also smell again. Someone should have told me my car smelled like ass.

My have I been slack. Here is an update on what has been going on:

Jon and I spent Thanksgiving at some friends' house. Jon played with their 6 year-old girl all day (which seemed to consist of beating the living crap out of her, which she loved). He then announced to me on the way home he would prefer a girl. Weeell, I have a 50% shot at giving him what he wants.

I was in Sonoma, California last week. The worst part about the trip was dealing with my athsma, of course. While I was actually at work it was no big deal but the travel itself sucked. The best part about the trip was finding a little chinese restaurant in a strip mall near my hotel. Oh, my gods I have *never* had Kung Pao Chicken that tasty! Oh, yeah. I drove over the Golden Gate bridge, too. La dee frickin da.

I actually bought a Christmas tree for the house. Well, a Christmas shrub. I decorated it, too. It looks kinda lonely so I'm going to have to buy more stupid Christmassy things for the house.

That's about it. Oh, yeah: I bought Spider-Man II on DVD. Did I ever mention how much I like this movie?

No comments: