Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Lachelle sent me the a funny link after my Mystery Science Theater 3000 post. It's a Jack Chick tract that has been MSTified.

For those who have never stumbled onto a Jack Chick tract, these are not very well illustrated comics with Christian themes. Normally I have absolutely no problems with the little tracts left around, telling people that Jesus loves you and wants you to be saved, but some of his are screamingly anti-Catholic and Muslim. And the MSTied tract above is my hands-down favorite tract ever!

My previous favorite tract was about a black gangster (no, not gangsta, this was published before that scene) called "Soul Brother" (I think). It was written by someone whose familiarity with African-American culture began and ended with 70's blaxploitation movies. But "Dark Dungeons" is about an evil Dungeon Master who tricks one of her players into becoming a *real* *witch* who casts *real* *spells*.

I was the only female Dungeon Master (I prefer the term Game Operations Director, myself) ever (apparently), and I don't recall encouraging any of my players (none who were ever female) into casting real spells. Not only does this tract rumble about how evil role-playing games are, it has a not-so-subtle subtext about how evil and weak women are. WOMEN DON'T PLAY D&D JACK! Except me. Muahahahahaha!!!

And I sold my lead miniatures to pay for my first parachute.

Anyways, in other news, I keep having these unreality flashes; I keep thinking I'm not pregnant, the baby got reabsorbed or something and now I'm just really fat. But I am exhibiting other symptoms, like my skin is all itchy and I'm breaking out pretty bad (Ick!). I'm also experiencing wierd and vivid dreams.

The one I had last night was a doozy, and almost enjoyable. First off, naturally it had flesh-eating zombies in it. I was holed up with a bunch of people who kept getting picked off as they went out to forage for supplies. Finally it was me and 3 other women left. It started to get real cold (shades of what really happened last night) and the zombies were turning into corpsicles. So we finally left our refuge to find warm clothes and food, and we run into a live man who looked startlingly like Damian Lewis. It wasn't *him*, though. His name was Pete, and he reminded me (when I woke up) of what Damian looked like in Dreamcatcher (must have been the winter clothes). How cool; I meet up with Damian Lewis in a dream and we shoot zombies together. Then I woke up.

1 comment:

Helly said...

I hate to muscle in on your territory, but I'm a chick gamer who's been known to DM from time to time. And if I were to do so again, I would SO try to trick my players into becoming *real* *witches* who cast *real* *spells*, because I am SO a minion of Evil. Ask anybody.