Friday, October 29, 2004

Quick update: I watched Garfield last night. Puss N' Boots from Shrek 2 remains my favorite CGI kitty. Garfield the kitty was too unrealistic. All the other animals were just CGI'd to make them talk. I really liked Nermal, the doofus siamese. You would think a big fat kitty voiced by Bill Murray would be worth it but they should have found a real kitty to play Garfield.

And as for Shrek 2, which I saw when I was in California, it wasn't as good as the 1st but it was still worth watching especially because of Antonio Banderas' kitty. I can't recall the last time I saw a movie where the kitty was a good guy and the dog got squished. In all fairness, the little doggie wasn't evil or anything, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I am definitely more of a cat person than a dog person, but I don't dislike dogs. Except big ones that try to intimidate you. And little yappy ones. Bleah. Cats just kind of give you the stinkeye if you intrude on their territory. Oh, sure, they're insufferable if they go into heat - that's what the veterinarian is for. But anyway, where was I?

I really like Shrek and its sequel because more kid movies need to emphasize the ideas to not judge people by their looks, and that only beautiful people can find true happiness is a crock. And farting in mud puddles is perfectly socially acceptable and a lot more fun if you do it with your spouse.

2 comments:

Helly said...

"Shrek 2" was the movie Alan and I saw together on our Very First Date. Make of that what you will, but be assured that I have no plans to share mud puddle flatulence with him.

Anonymous Me said...

What cats do if they don't like you: crawl under your bed and poop in your shoe.