Wednesday, October 27, 2004

My next movie review should be posted soon. I'll link as soon as it is.

Giving up caffeine is tough. I'm not feeling any headaches or anything; I'm just sleepy and desperate to stay awake.

My biggest worry right now is still of course miscarriage; I take solace in that I'm healthy (discounting allergies and athsma) and in relatively good shape; and each passing day lessens the chance. My second biggest worry is birth defects. Everything I have read scares me poopless - I wish I were poopless, but I'll talk about that later. Friend and sometimes pilot Dan's wife just had a baby and she's 42. I had forgotten that. Their baby is healthy. I'm glad there's so much information available about late pregnancies.

Speaking of poop, the prenatal vitamins have a lot of iron in them and they bind me up tighter than cold gravy on a dinner plate. The solution is of course Metamucil (the harsher laxatives are contraindicated), but that means I poop all the time. If I stop taking it I get bloaty and poop small rocks. There is no middle ground.

I have an amusing anniversary coming up: Last year on October 31st I fell in lust with Damian Lewis: and before you ask, of course the name 'Damian' will in no way be considered for my child. 1), I can't imagine anything more creepy than naming your kid after some twinkie* actor, and 2) since most Americans think the name 'Damian' means 'son of Satan' I just couldn't do that to a child.

Anyway, last year on Halloween** I rented Dreamcatcher and the rest is history; but I think I must have set some kind of personal record for longest continuous crush. Oh, sure, I had a thing for Harrison Ford (and Mel Gibson) for the longest time, it just wasn't continuous. I always had 1 or 2 other actors on the side. Now true, I have cheated on Damian with Eric Bana, but Eric was there first and I never forgot him.

Damian has been in a slew of projects recently, mainly for British television or independent movies. The Toronto and New York film festivals have come and gone, and I have had to endure other fans' breathless accounts of meeting him and how sweet he is and how nice he smells and the fact that he is quite liberal with the hugs. And I'm not talking about an across the shoulder brief squeezy fake hug, I'm talking about a bear grip feel-my-boobies full bore hug with a smooch.

Damian is in an upcoming British movie that might actually get a domestic release: Chromophobia, written and directed by Martha Fiennes, who is indeed Ralph and Joseph's sister. Talented family. The cast is fascinating - including her sib Ralph Fiennes (two listees! woo-hoo!), Ben Chaplin, Penelope Cruz, and Kristen Scott-Thomas (who went on record recently stating that Damian Lewis is a fantastic kisser and why are all these women driving me insane???). Not sure what the movie is about except he plays a corrupt lawyer married to Scott-Thomas and his family is coming apart at the seams.

So happy anniversary Damian, from your imaginary stalker. Here's hoping someone offers you a part in an American movie that a) has a budget of more than $300K, b) is not based on a Stephen King novel, and c) does not star Jennifer Lopez. Although with c) I must admit I'm still anticipating that movie (An Unfinished Life, should they ever release it) just so I can watch you smack her around. I kid - I don't hate J-Lo; bashing her is just a fashionable thing to do.

*Footnote: all actors are twinkies. I am not singling out my beloved.

**Footnote2: Last Halloween Jon and I were vacationing in St. John, USVI. If I actually manage to have this baby, I can't wait to introduce him/her to my favorite place on earth. Of course I'm going to wait until he/she would appreciate it...

One last note: Nancy - that is a fantastic defense! I shall exploit it to the fullest. Besides, I have the feeling that I won't be faking it if I start crying in the court room...

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

Flax seeds, flax seeds, flax seeds. Grind them up in a coffee grinder or buy flax meal and put a couple tablespoons in your cereal or yogurt or whatever. Several times a day. Drink hot beverages constantly. Hot water with lemon, if nothing else. I sympathize so much. I hate to be constipated. I hate to be concentrating on my colon 24 hours a day. Also, this is even better advice, ask your doc if you get a prescription for a vitamin with less iron.