Monday, October 25, 2004

Holy poop what a long week! I have to keep this short for now; first off I want to say thank you for everyone's congratulations on the bun in my oven. I am feeling fine, except for some fatigue and the occasional bout of nausea. And sore boobies. I'm so happy my boss is being very supportive. Plus, he told me about other women who work here who have stay at home husbands.

Sonoma was work for the most part so I'll refrain from recapping that trip except to say it was nice to have Jon with me. I probably would have been very depressed had he not been there. We ate out one night at an interesting restaurant named "Tex Wasabi's" which was a mixture of sushi and barbeque. I ate sushi, I am ashamed to say. But it was so tasty! I swear I won't do it again until after this is all said and done.

We saw Team America:World Police which was absolutely hysterical. I'm sorry it hasn't done too well at the box office; I guess I'm not the only one who gets the heebie jeebies when she sees marionettes. But still, you will believe a puppet can puke!

And I bet you are wondering how I could have ignored a movie like Shaun of the Dead. I thought I would have to wait for DVD to see it, but Jon wanted to see it too. Yay! A romantic comedy with flesh-eating zombies! Loser Shaun has a dead end (ha!) job and lives with his deadbeat (ha!) best friend, Ed. His girlfriend dumps him for being in a rut. He's in such a rut it takes him and Ed a long time to realize that London's been overrun with zombies. He for once decides to take action so he rounds up his ex and his mum and several assorted zombie lunches and they hole up in his favorite pub. It was very sweet. And grisly.

We also watched Wrong Turn, a fairly standard people get stranded in the woods and get terrorized by backwoods rednecks. Obviously inspired by that Season 4 ep of The X-Files, "Home", it featured some of the most inbred humans ever. I'll give the scriptwriter credit for trying to make the victims more sympathetic than they usually are in stupid movies like this one. I'll also give them points for not having a stupid twist ending.

I am enjoying Nancy's recounting of her little precious child's terrorist activities cute antics in restaurants. I'm really wondering what I'm getting myself into. On the flight to Oakland, a couple had a 2 year old with them that cried most of the way there. I was very impressed they didn't throttle their child. Remind me to bring a sackfull of earplugs to pass out if I ever travel by plane with a young child.

No comments: